22 January, 2009

Love Story

“Kiss me” she whispered. He leaned in until their lips gently touched...’
Chase closed the book, and gave a long, satisfied sigh. He put the book back on the shelf, and made his way to the exit door. He was barely thinking about anything beside the book, he was in his own world. Before he knew it, he was already at the park, not very far from the local library. He was surprised to see how far he walked in such a short time. With the cool breeze brushing through his face, and the warm sunlight, Chase had clearly stopped here at the right time. He sat down on a wooden bench, and built a castle in the air.

Sunlight shone brightly from his bedroom window. Alex looked at the grandfather clock leaning against his bedroom wall. It was only half past two. Time was moving too slow. He couldn’t wait to see her. Oh, how he cannot forget her. The girl with the beauty of a goddess, a voice of an angel, a heart of gold, the apple of his eye. She was too perfect. Just thinking about her made his heart beat. He rushed outside, to the park where they promised to meet. Even from afar, Alex can see only her, in a beautiful snow-white dress. She also saw him a second later, and was just as happy. She ran through the gardens, and into his arms. “My dear Rosemary… :’] ” He said in a loving way, caressing her. He brought her chin up, and their eyes met. Then they shared a sweet, gentle kiss.

The king, Rosemary’s father, was outraged. “I told her over and over never to see that bad egg, Alexander!” he said angrily, after knowing about Rosemary’s encounter with Alex. The king had always been a bear with a sore head when it was about Alex. He didn’t want his daughter to be with him. And yet, the next day, Alex came to the grand castle to see the king. He knelt before him and said, “I want to take your daughter’s hand in marriage, pleas-” Before he got the chance to continue, the king just laughed. “Do you really think you are good enough to marry my darling daughter?” he said and laughed again. Alex just knelt there, with a serious expression on his face. “And why do you say such things? Why am I not good enough?” he said with traces of anger in his voice. He didn’t like people underestimating him. “Why, you ask? Because you are weak! You could never protect my daughter! Someone who wants to marry my daughter must prove of his strength, courage and bravery! All which you do not have!” he explained rudely. Alex was shocked and angry. But he did no deny it. It was clear, he was not strong, courageous or even brave. But he will not give up his love! He will do anything to prove the king wrong! He thought for a while, and looked at the king in the eye. “What are you thinking?” asked the king after Alex’s expression suddenly changed. “I will prove to you that I am worthy to marry your daughter. I will take up arms and test my strength, courage and bravery, all for my love.” “No!” a sudden girl’s voice sounded from the entrance of the room. Alex knew that voice too well. It was Rosemary. “No! I forbid you to go to war! You don’t have to do that much for me!” she said, tears streaming down her cheeks. “I have to! I must have an axe to grind!” he said. She ran towards him and hugged him, never wanting to let go. “I love you” Alex whispered.


Weapons, canons, and armours are all prepared for the war. The horses were fed, the soldiers were getting ready. Both the lovers were praying to God for courage to get through this hour of need and to gain victory. Alex and the other soldiers left at dawn to meet their fate at the battlefield. Meanwhile, back at home, Rosemary was feeling lonely and unsecure. She wandered around town looking for a shoulder to cry on and thats when she coincidentally met her childhood friend, Troy leaning against an alley wall. She told him about everything that had happened while crying. Troy listened patiently and tried to make her smile but she cried even harder. “I'm afraid that Alex will be hurt!” she cried. Troy couldn’t take it anymore. He stood up and said “He is causing you too much pain and sorrow!” Rosemary was shocked to see him talk like that. And then Troy knelt to the ground, took her hand and said “I have always loved you.. Please let me heal your wounded heart and put your sorrows to rest.” He said softly. “Take my hand in marriage!” he added. Rosemary quickly took her hand away. “What? I am in love with Alex! You are my best friend but I refuse! I refuse to ruin our friendship!” she exclaimed. “No! Take me instead! Alex will probably die! Forget him and leave the pain and sorrow you will experience!” he said without thinking thoroughly. “How can you say that?! You were supposed to be my best friend! How could you doubt him like that?!” She cried and ran along the alley. She thought how much of a disaster her life has been. She decided to keep Troy at arms length.

Meanwhile, Troy was feeling like such a fool for being so rash with a girl and a fragile heart. He put his face in his hands and wept. He backed out after seeing how deep her love is and there is no force on earth that can break them up. Troy had no back bone to continue his love and his heart was shattered. He was hanging his head in shame and he later moved away from that kingdom, never wanting to face Rosemary ever again.

The war has ended after a while. Rosemary was waiting for her love to return. She waited and waited in the castle, pacing. Tears were starting to fill her eyes. “Rose!” she heard a man call her. She thought it was just her heart playing games with her mind. She turned her back, “Alex!!” she cried loudly. She ran as fast as she could to the front door, and threw her arms around him. “My love! I have missed you so much! I never doubted you for a second!” she exclaimed. “Yeah, right…” he said doubtfully and grinned. They kissed passionately.

That night, plates clinked and voices chattered around the big dining table. A victory dinner was being held. Alex and Rose sat next to each other and lovingly held hands. Rosemary was smiling like the sun. She felt like the happiest person on earth. But the biggest news among them is that Alex had proven himself as someone worthy to marry Rosemary. Suddenly, the king stood up and asked silence. “I would like to give a speech about the great victory!” Everyone cheered. “Also, I would have to admit, I was wrong about my daughter’s love interest, Alex. You have truly proven yourself worthy to marry my daughter. I will receive you with open arms as my son-in-law. Cheers!” he said while raising the glass of wine. “Alex, please stand beside me pay your respects.” Alex was a little shocked, but he stood up anyway and went beside the king. “I'm going to get married! Che-” Before he could finish his speech, there was a knife flung at him. There were drops of blood, but they were not Alex’s blood, but the King’s blood! He fell down to the floor and everyone panicked. “Father!” Rosemary wailed. “Your Highness!” a servant called. The guards quickly arrested the assassinator and brought him away. “A-Alex… c-come here…” said the king in a loud whisper. “Yes, Your Highness?” said Alex softly. “P-please t-take my p-place as king o-of this kingdom. T-take care of my d-daughter….” His voice starts to fade away. “Father!” Rosemary wailed with tears streaming down her cheeks. “Thank you… Your Highness..” Alex said in a whisper. Alex stood up, holding back his tears. “Please take the king and arrange a proper funeral for him. Build a memorial pole for him. He is a great man who needs to be remembered.” Alex ordered the guards and the servants. “And…” he started. ”To keep the ball rolling, I am the new king.” He exclaimed.

Chase quickly snapped out of his daydream and realized that he was smilling. “I’m definitely going to be an author, and this will be my first book!” he said with a grin. :D




Made by:
Izyan, Dhania, Afieqah, Atiqah, Jai, and Nashrah! :D

My sister and her friends made this, and they're in form 2!

Gile gempak dowhh! Why can't I be more like this? -.-